Robert Stadlober (born 3 August, 1982) is an Austrian actor and musician. His sister is Anja Stadlober, also an actress.
Robert Stadlober was born 3 August, 1982 in the Austrian province of Styria and grew up in Puchfeld in the Steiermark (Austria) and in Berlin (Germany). As a child he worked as a voiceover artist for several films and he acted in different TV productions and motion picture films also. His largest success is playing the main role as Benjamin Lebert, a partially disabled teenager at a boarding school, in the film Crazy (2000). Recently he starred in Sommersturm (Summer Storm) (2004), a gay coming-of-age story set at a rowing summer-camp. Although The Advocate has claimed that he is bisexual, Stadtlober himself objects to such labelling. While he has had kisses and sex with men and sees nothing bad in that or in falling in love with a man, he is currently in a relationship with a female, which he began shortly before the filming of Summer Storm.
He was awarded the "best young actor" award at the Montreal International Film Festival in 2004 for his portrayal in Summer Storm.
He is also a singer and musician. He used to be in the rock Band Gary (band) with David Winter and Rasmus Englerwhere he was the lead singer and played the guitar. He is now a third of Indie band Escorial Gruen.
Further, he also runs the independent record label Siluh records.
Until 2007, he made three movies together with Tom Schilling: Crazy (2000), Verschwende Deine Jugend (2003) and Schwarze Schafe (2006).
- Sonnenallee (1999) (with Henry Huebchen, Alexander Scheer, Alexander Beyer, Katharina Thalbach)
- Crazy (2000)
- Enemy at the Gates (2001)
- Engel & Joe (2001)
- Play it loud! ("Verschwende Deine Jugend", 2003)
- Sommersturm (Summer Storm) (2004).
- Peer Gynt (2006).
- Goodridge, Mike (2005-09-13), “Boys of Summer”, The Advocate
- Robert Stadlober at the Internet Movie Database
- http://www.deathtogary.de/ official homepage of his band
- http://www.siluh.com / homepage of his record label