Mayte Michelle Rodriguez (born July 12, 1978) is an American actress. Her breakout role was as a troubled boxer in the independent film Girlfight (2000), which was met with critical acclaim and earned her several awards, including the Independent Spirit Award and Gotham Award for Best Debut Performance. The following year, she starred as Letty in the blockbuster film The Fast and the Furious (2001), a role she has reprised in four additional films in the Fast and Furious franchise to date. During her career, Rodriguez has played in a number of successful action films, including Resident Evil, S.W.A.T., and Avatar.
Rodriguez also branched into television, playing Ana Lucia Cortez in the second season of the television series Lost. She has also had numerous voice work appearances in video games such as Call of Duty and Halo, and lent her voice for the 3D animated film Turbo and the television series IGPX. With her films grossing over $5 billion (U.S.) collectively, a 2013 Entertainment Weekly article described Rodriguez as "arguably the most iconic actress in the action genre, as well as one of the most visible Latinas in Hollywood".
- Woman. Michelle-Rodriguez.com (official site). Archived from the original on June 15, 2012. Retrieved on February 7, 2007.
- Marx, Rebecca Flint (2008). Michelle Rodriguez: Biography. Rovi via MSN. Archived from the original on February 18, 2012. Retrieved on August 27, 2008.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- "Girlfight" a Winner. FilmFestivals.com. Retrieved on December 23, 2010.
- IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards. Gothan Awards Recipients. Retrieved on December 23, 2010.
- The Ghost Cast & Crew List. The Big Cartoon Database. Retrieved on December 23, 2010.
- Vilkomerson, Sara (October 1, 2013). Michelle Rodriguez talks movies, female empowerment, and sex: 'I don't talk about what I do with my vagina'. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on 26 February 2014.